ant-dev mailing list archives

From Fergus Gallagher <Fergus.Gallag...@OrbisUK.com>
Subject Re: make-like use of timestamps to avoid unnecessary rework
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:15:45 GMT
Yes, I assumed you were having problems getting ant to STOP recompiling
your sources.  That works.   But if you make a change to a source, ant
(javac) will not recompile it as it only look for a corresponding .class
without comparing timestamps or file sizes.  I find I use fine grained
<deltree> targets if I'm working on a sub-project for any length of
time.

Fergus