ant-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tar task
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2000 23:41:55 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Does anyone know of some tar classes that are not GPL-ed?
>
> Jon, do you know the guy who wrote those GJT ones? could we make him
> release them for us under BSD-like?
>
> Would it be "legal" to redo a clean-room implementation looking at his
> source code?

GJT is totally open...

/*
** Authored by Timothy Gerard Endres
** <mailto:time@ice.com>  <http://www.ice.com>
**
** This work has been placed into the public domain.
** You may use this work in any way and for any purpose you wish.
**
** THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
** NOT EVEN THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. THE AUTHOR
** OF THIS SOFTWARE, ASSUMES _NO_ RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY
** CONSEQUENCE RESULTING FROM THE USE, MODIFICATION, OR
** REDISTRIBUTION OF THIS SOFTWARE.
**
*/

package com.ice.tar;