ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Wanted Feature
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2000 16:24:40 GMT
People,

ant is a great tool, but it's based on make design patterns. Read:
targets and tasks.

Now, in Cocoon, I would like to have a target executed if and only if a
particular condition is true.

This condition might well be:

 - a property set (example: do a snapshot or a release distribution)
 - the existance of a class in the classpath (example: a pluggable
module requires JNDI but the JNDI classes are not found)
 - time
 - operating system

Question: how do we do this?

Constrain: I need this done _soon_ in order to build the new Cocoon
distribution and I'm volunteering to write any required changes once we
agree on _how_ a feature like this should be done.

comments?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.