ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ludovic Claude ...@websitewatchers.com>
Subject Re: Shell portability
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2000 11:59:41 GMT

rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> So, what problem are you having?  If I have to, I will test for individual
> levels of the Windows OS.  My feeling is that all the platform uglyness
> belongs inside of the Exec task - and that subclasses and end users alike
> should not have to worry about any of this.
>
> - Sam Ruby

cmd and the && operator are not supported by the win 95/98 os.
Those systems use command to run their batch processes, and it's not possible
to run more than
one command on one line. My guess is that it is necessary to generate on the
fly the .bat that will
be able to execute Exec tasks, because the system puts too many constraints on
the way we can
write batch (limit of 9 arguments, limit of 255 characters for the command
line).

If you agree with this approch, then i can volunteer to write and test this
(sometime next week).

Ludovic Claude.

--
Web Site Watchers Ltd