ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Bullock <dbull...@ardec.com.au>
Subject Re: Javadoc problems : some findings
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2000 06:41:46 GMT
For my $0.01 as a non-contributer (so far) to the ANT project, I'd really
encourage you guys to do this...ANT is important enough to be its own project, and
there is next to nothing about it in most search engines.  It deserves its own
place on the site.

Thanks,
David Bullock

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> People,
>
> we _have_ to make Ant a full known project and remove the baby out of
> jakarta-tools or people will continue to patch things that are already
> patched.
>
> The right cvs module is
>
>  jakarta-ant
>
> There you find the latest one.
>
> Note: jar or zip, we need a distribution. I think jars are fine because
> both win32 and unix guys know what it is. Also, it's possible to have a
> jar file work as both container and jar package if we remove the src/
> directory and simply start with org/ so, no biggy there.
>
> Also, we need to upgrade the web site.
>
> So let's vote: do you want ANT to be a full blown jakarta project? If
> so, let's make it happen (Arnout: you have karma to update the
> jakarta-site module... do you want to volunteer to do that?)
>
> --
>  Come to the first official Apache Software Foundation Conference!

David Bullock
Project Manager - Strategic Applications
dbullock@lisa.com.au

"It's no use saying 'We are doing our best.'  You
have got to succeed in doing what's necessary."
    ...Winston Churchill

LISAcorp
http://www.lisa.com.au/

Adelaide                  Sydney
38 Greenhill Rd           Level 3, 228 Pitt Street
Wayville S.A. 5034        Sydney NSW 2000

PH  +61 8 8272 1555       PH  +61 2 9283 0877
FAX +61 8 8271 1199       FAX +61 2 9283 0866