ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Javadoc problems : some findings
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2000 12:02:31 GMT
Slawek Zachcial wrote:

> Hello "ANT-ers" !
>
> I got ANT from http://jakarta.apache.org/from-cvs/jakarta-tools and tried to
> use
> Javadoc2 task (jakarta-tools_20000203111218.tar.gz).
> For me this task does simply noting. So I looked a little bit at it and
> that's what
> I found:

People,

we _have_ to make Ant a full known project and remove the baby out of
jakarta-tools or people will continue to patch things that are already
patched.

The right cvs module is

 jakarta-ant

There you find the latest one.

Note: jar or zip, we need a distribution. I think jars are fine because
both win32 and unix guys know what it is. Also, it's possible to have a
jar file work as both container and jar package if we remove the src/
directory and simply start with org/ so, no biggy there.

Also, we need to upgrade the web site.

So let's vote: do you want ANT to be a full blown jakarta project? If
so, let's make it happen (Arnout: you have karma to update the
jakarta-site module... do you want to volunteer to do that?)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.