ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <jwt...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Properties and subprojects
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2000 05:56:34 GMT

i subscribe to this approach as well.

question:

    it seems to me that when i build a "branch of a project", eg:

        <javac srcdir="${dir.src}/util/src/falcon/util"
            destdir="${dir.build}/client/classes"/>

    where the project package is rooted at falcon, that any and
    all resources (eg  falcon/util/foo.properties) *do not* end up
    co-located with the relevant branch classes yet are instead
    deposited at the destdir. put another way, i wonder if something
    in ant/javac is broken when it comes to prepending the src
    package name for non-java source objects.

    to work around this i have a peer "resource" directory structure
    which gets overlayed on the javac destdir with a simply
    copydir call, eg:

        <copydir src ="${dir.src}/util/resources/falcont"
            dest="${dir.build}/client/classes/falcon"/>

    that said i'd like to avoid this second step and the associated
    bookeeping all together. any ideas?

    thx much,

- james