ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Lachlan O'Dea" <lo...@vet.com.au>
Subject Re: Ant project versus jmk (Java in Make)
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:38:56 GMT
On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 04:24:09PM -0500, Will Uther wrote:

[cut]

> Regards having a separate file, is that neccessary?  If you had some form
> of include arrangement then you could just read the other XML file.  Not
> sure which of these I prefer.  Does XML have a standard include syntax?  Is
> it supported by the parser used in ANT?

Maybe an "external parsed general entity" would be the best option. For
example:

<!ENTITY dependencies SYSTEM "dependencies.xml">
&dependencies;

Apparently support for this is optional, however.

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"generous deed should not be checked by cold counsel."
- Gandalf