ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Elkins <chr...@esha.com>
Subject Re: Changing Compiler
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:16:17 GMT
Angel Aray [aaray@aaray] wrote:
> I tried this and it a get the following
>   <property name="build.compiler" value="jikes"/>
>
> On Mon, 14 Feb Compiling 3 source files to /home/aaray/Projects/tnet/build/tnet/classes
> Performing a Jikes COmpile
> Compiling 1 source files to /home/aaray/Projects/tnet/build/tnet/classes
> Performing a Jikes COmpile
> Compiling 1 source files to /home/aaray/Projects/tnet/build/tnet/classes
> Performing a Jikes COmpile
> Compiling 2 source files to /home/aaray/Projects/tnet/build/tnet/classes
> Performing a Jikes COmpile
> Completed in 2 seconds
>
> when  I go to the directory where compiled classes should be there is
> nothing there.

I've noticed similar behavior, but only on NT. For projects that are
"self-contained" (i.e., have no dependencies other than standard JDK jars),
specifying jikes as the compiler works correctly on both Linux and NT.
However, projects where I append to the classpath before calling Ant
(from a shell script/batch file) work only on Linux. Unfortunately, I
haven't had time to figure out what's happening on NT. Maybe your problem
is related?

--
Christopher Elkins