ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew B. Sudell" <asud...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Shell portability
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2000 03:18:06 GMT
rubys@us.ibm.com writes:

 > Andrew Sudell wrote:
 > > I had made a post last week about shell portability, that didn't
 > > generate much of a reply.  I'm assuming that it is desirable for Ant to
 > > build cleanly on as wide a range of systems as possible.  I've now seen
 > > a second ksh-ism or posix-ism show up.
 >
 > My assumptions match your assumptions.  I introduced these regressions on
 > you - sorry about that.

No problem.  I sort of assumed that someone was working on a system
where the difference didn't show.  (There are a lot of them.)  It was
odd that no one commented last time, but Ant's been making a lot of
forward progress and it was a minor issue.

Drew
--
        Drew Sudell     asudell@op.net      http://www.op.net/~asudell