ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Copying meta-info on a mac (and small bug fix)
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:19:42 GMT
>   As I'm sure most of you know, Macs carry meta-info around with their
> files.  Currently ANT's copyFile methods don't copy that.  I've modified
> the Project.copyFile() method to copy that data.  My modifications use
this
> open source java library: <http://www.amug.org/~glguerin/sw/#macbinary>.

Looks like this library is under the Artistic license. This should create
any problems.

>   At the same time I noticed that the copyFile method will leave the file
> open if an IOException is thrown.  I've added try/finally blocks to close
> the files.

Good catch.

>   Both modifications should have no effect on Non-Mac platforms.  You'll
> need to download the library though.

Actually, there is an effect. The code isn't compiliable unless the
macbinary classes are present. Since the code is under the artistic, it's
probably possible to check this code into the repository and use it. Or
better yet, just reflect the classes and the methods so that there's no
compilation dependancy. If this is done, I welcome the changes, if not, then
I'll have to block as the tree has to be compiliable out of the box.

Any comments?