ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Can Ant be used to compile C code?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:19:01 GMT
> I down loaded ant last week and have been look through it. It seems to
work
> great when building java code but can it build C code?
> also has anybody on the list used it with clearcase for source control ?

You can build c code via the exec method -- something I've been wanting to
see, and don't think has been done yet (though I haven't been keeping up
with Ant for a bit) is a general cc/make rule that allows for general
purpose c compilation. There's no reason it isn't possible, it just has to
be done.

.duncan