ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: <taskdef /> extension mechanism
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2000 23:42:12 GMT

> Actually, one of the things I'd quite like to have is a project specific
> classpath.  I agree that there is logic that should go in it's own task.
(I
> use the Ozone Database <http://www.ozone-db.org/>, which has its own rmic
> type tool that it would be nice to make into a task.)  However, this is
> really a project specific task.  I don't want it in my normal ANT
classpath
> or in my system classpath.
>
> We could have a simple classloader that reads in the extra task
definitons.

> <taskdef name="deathDestroyerOfWorlds"
> classname="abandon.all.hope.ye.who.enter.here" classpath="${taskdefs}" />

Eh? You were talking about a project specific classpath, but your
illustration is of a taskdef. I'm not following.

At first glance a project level classpath isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure how
to best reflect that into tasks, or if the tasks should just ask the project
if there is a specific classpath to be used. Of course, there's the issues
of whether the given classpath is additive or replaces the current
classpath. So far the behavior in the javac task has been additive.

.duncan