ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: ANT's strange semantics and proposed change
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:38:01 GMT
> If you delay the processing of properties then you must store the
> unprocessed arguments somewhere.  You can either keep them in the DOM, or
> you can make another intermediate layer between the DOM and the task
> hierarchy.  You then have to expose this intermediate layer.  I don't see
> what this buys you over just exposing the DOM.

Actually, there was no intention of keeping the DOM processing in place. It
really should be a SAX read of the XML file directly into tasks and
projects. Using DOM was a cheap hack for me. I was on an airplane with 3
hours to code and I didn't feel like building up a SAX handler to do it
right, so I cheated. I never got around to taking the cheat out.

.duncan