ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: ANT's strange semantics and proposed change
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:31:06 GMT
> It would be better to abstract the way ant gets its
> configuration
> by using the Configuration interface defined in the Avalon project
(another
> apache project),
> and use their xml loader

Let's not get complicated here. I like what the guys are doing on Avalon.
But I see no reason to lean on more complicated frameworks when a very
simple introspection solution works just fine. I'm not a big fan of trying
to overgeneralize a decent solution just because it can be done. There needs
to be a more concrete reason for generalization besides the desire to do so.

.duncan