ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Using bash scripts on Windows
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2000 20:20:48 GMT
> I use bash on all windows platforms rather than the cmd shell. The only
> problem
> I ever have is java classpaths defined using ':' as the separater. Its a
> simple change
> to accomdate use of the ';' separater for the bash/NT situation. Below is
> modified bootstrap.sh that works with bash under unix and NT. Is it
> worthwhile
> to add this to the distribution?

I used to use bash, then ksh on my windoze machines. But finally I got tired
of fighting all teh sort of imcompatibilities involved. Anyway, I'm ok with
this going into a contrib type area, but I think that we need to keep the
number of entry points in the main distrubution to a minimum, esp since most
windows users are using plain ol cmd.exe

.duncan