ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Little change (last modified check)
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2000 04:44:01 GMT
> I'm adding a warning in javac if any source file is found to have a last
> modification date in the future.  At first I thought the new ant had a
> regression in this area as it insisted on rebuilding the source every
time,
> but I soon discovered that the problem exists in the current ant.  (I'm
> GMT-5, and it took me somewhat less time to download and test this).  I'm
> not sure how to fix it, but I certainly do know how to issue a warning...

Hmm... I don't know what to do about it either.. Maybe we should just go
ahead and compile even so -- I don't think it's worth stopping the build
for.. But a warning is certainly in line. Something along the lines of "Hey,
user! There are files here with a modification time in the future. I'm going
to go ahead and compile them, but because of this, I'll compile them each
and every time until you fix things!"

.duncan

James Duncan Davidson                               duncan@eng.sun.com
Java + XML / Portable Code + Portable Data                 !try; do();