ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib xml.jar
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2000 04:40:28 GMT
> What I would suggest is that we replace xml.jar with one based on a
> suitable subset of xerces.jar.  At the same time we replace the logic in
> which currently looks for a properties file to
> attempt to dynamically load JAXP.  If that is not found, we default to
> xerces.

The defaulting out to Xerces isn't really necessary now that we have JAXP
support in Xerces. Just use the JAXP libraries and all it requires is that a
JAXP enabled browser (which Xerces is) be in your classpath. The logic
should catch a ClassNotFoundException on the initial call to create a
SAXParserFactory so that a reasonable error message saying "Put a JAXP
enabled browser such as Xerces or Project X into your classpath!" can be

James Duncan Davidson
Java + XML / Portable Code + Portable Data                 !try; do();

View raw message