ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wolfgang Werner" <wwer...@picturesafe.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant build.xml
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:33:04 GMT
> From: rubys@us.ibm.com [mailto:rubys@us.ibm.com]

> I must admit that I'm of a mixed opinion.  On one hand, I
> agree with your
> "violation of scoping principles".  On the other hand, I also find
> appealing the way in which tomcat keeps its original CVS
> structure "pure"
> with build and dist directories being placed "out of scope".

same for me

IMHO "violation of scoping principles" is a very theoretical approach. What I
would like to have is
checkout several relarted projects (ant, moo, tomcat,, xalan, xerces, cocoon,
you name it) and
building them via one central build.xml file, having the resulting jar's
properly placed for the next
build step. For me, it is not importand where the build and dist directorys are
located - as long
as I get an ant clean command to purge them away :^)

Personally I feel better with 'out of scope' places build and dist locations -
it is so nice to have a big
memory drive to compile lots of small java classes...

Wolfgang