ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Question on zip vs. jar format
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 09:38:53 GMT
Arnout,

I don't know why :-). I think the Jar and Zip tasks were developed by
different people and perhaps they are just different idioms. I subsequently
refactored it so that most of the Zip code was reused by the Jar task (also
making some nice behaviour available for the Jar task). During that
refactoring I noticed that these tasks were different in this area so I
preserved this behaviour. You could eliminate it by simply removing the
zipDir method in Jar.java

Before you do that I guess we should understand whether jars do require
those directory entries.

--
Conor MacNeill
conor@m64.com