ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Slawek Zachcial" <slawek.zachc...@free.fr>
Subject Javadoc problems : some findings
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 23:11:21 GMT
Hello "ANT-ers" !

I got ANT from http://jakarta.apache.org/from-cvs/jakarta-tools and tried to
use
Javadoc2 task (jakarta-tools_20000203111218.tar.gz).
For me this task does simply noting. So I looked a little bit at it and
that's what
I found:

1. Javadoc2's getFiles function constructs incorrectly "cwd" local variable.
2. File names instead of File objects are put on the list in this function.
3. JavaReader class is not able to skip comments like /** some_comments_here
**/.
4. In Java's run function, InvocationTargetException's target exception can
be
    other than "Exit not allowed" exception, ex:
java.lang.RuntimePermission setContextClassLoader)
5. There are security problems with the usage of com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main
class (as the one above).
    To make it work that's what I added to java.policy:
        permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "setContextClassLoader";
        permission java.util.PropertyPermission "user.language", "write";
6. But still javadoc tries to exit with System.exit which causes the handled
"Exit not allowed" exception.

Maybe the security issues can be resolved by AntSecurityManager ?

I attach modified Javadoc2.java and Java.java. Lines to remove are commented
with '//--' and added lines
have at the end '//++'.

Can anyone look at the changes and incorporate them if it's OK?

Regards,
Slawek

PS. I'm using JDK 1.2.2 and JDK 1.3 beta on Windows NT