ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 13:48:04 GMT
OK,

A little more info. The property "class" is found but it has no set method.

Property  = dir
set method  = public void
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Exec.setDir(java.lang.String)
Class name = java.lang.String
set method  = public void
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Exec.setDir(java.lang.String)
Property  = jvmargs
set method  = public void
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.setJvmargs(java.lang.String)
Class name = java.lang.String
set method  = public void
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.setJvmargs(java.lang.String)
Property  = class
set method  = null
Property  = os
set method  = public void
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Exec.setOs(java.lang.String)
Class name = java.lang.String
set method  = public void
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Exec.setOs(java.lang.String)
Property  = fork
set method  = public void
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.setFork(java.lang.String)
Class name = java.lang.String
set method  = public void
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.setFork(java.lang.String)
Property  = command
set method  = public void
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Exec.setCommand(java.lang.String)
Class name = java.lang.String

I had a quick look at the code for Introspector.java (not for the faint
hearted). I am guessing that what is happening is that the Introspector is
finding the "class" property from the java.lang.Object superclass and
deciding it is readOnly and not letting the subclass override that. This 1.3
Introspector code is different from 1.2.2 source. I guess a property name
change is warranted.

Conor