ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 13:20:59 GMT
Dion,

I didn't the details of your problem but I have run into a problem (probably
the same) with 1.3RC1. The Java task does not work. It appears to be because
the introspector does not find the setClass method in Java.java. I changed
ProjectHelper to dump the names of all the properties as it loops through
them and all appear but setClass doesn't appear. I changed the method
setClassname, changed the <java element to use classname="..." and it works.

I'm not sure why this is since it works on 1.1.8 and 1.2.2 (NT). Is it a bug
in JDK1.3RC1? Perhaps a simple name change would be expeditious anyway

Cheers
Conor