ant-dev mailing list archives

From Hakan Tandogan <haka...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Objections against advanced directory scanning
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 17:03:00 GMT
On Wed, 02 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> Well I didn't realise that you weren't going to use regular expressions. If you
> had said that initially then we could have saved a lot of e-mails.
>
> 'Regular Expressions are too difficult for ordinary users'. It seems to me that
> you aren't expecting many Unix people to use ant.
>
> 'the '**' feature it is exaclty what most users find natural.'  Most ordinary
> non Unix users you mean.

	Interestingly enough, zsh uses that pattern. Maybe thats why I bought
the "finding natural" part ;-)

	Regards,
		Hakan

--
Hakan Tandogan                                       hakan@iconsult.com

ICONSULT Tandogan - Egerer GbR                   Tel.: +49-9131-9047-0
Memelstrasse 38 - D-91052 Erlangen               Fax.: +49-9131-9047-77

"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"