ant-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: Properties in Ant
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:49:50 GMT
> I propose to remove the "init" task done automatically and let the user
> indicate what task should be done with dependencies.
>
> So, you decide where to put the properties and when they are set.

No, it will not work - properties are replaced at parse time, it was a
hack (usefull I think). You can have run-time effect only if _every_ task
is modified to do a replace() on it's attributes before execute. ( that
was the reason the replace is now at parse time).

I agree we need to do the effort ( sooner is better ), but I don't have
the time right now.

Costin