ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus" <Shane_Curc...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: Any objections against advanced directory scanning? // case sensitivity // getting Ant?
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:41:13 GMT
-- Re: Directory scanning:
+1, especially if it comes with a settable flag: it would be nice to be
able to turn it on or off for each command.  Perhaps have another flag to
also exclude the CVS dirs and files as well - that would be nifty!

---- Ludovic Claude <lc@websitewatchers.com> wrote: ----
> "Kuiper, Arnout" wrote:
> > *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm)
Pro*
> > Does somebody have any objections against the advanced directory
> > scanning for certain tasks (copydir, javac, jar, zip and the new
> > delete), as proposed earlier?
> +1 for directory scanning. Does it exclude by default all those anoying
cvs
> files and folders?

-- Re: the case sensitivity issue:
I would use caution in making any of the tasks case-insensitive by default.
Again, perhaps adding an attribute (is that the right term here?) to the
applicable tasks that turns it on or off would be excellent.  For WinXX
users, sometimes it's worth the extra effort to find out and use the
correct case; and for UNIX et al users, I imagine they'd be really angry if
some of their commands were suddenly case-insensitive!

-- Re: actually getting Ant builds or sources:
Any hints?  I can't find a distribution download for Ant anywhere on
jakarta.apache.org, xml.apache.org, or even www.apache.org.  Also, even
though I'm a committer for the xml stuff, I can't seem to checkout the
'jakarta-ant' module using my WinCVS program (even though I can get all the
xml stuff fine).
I get the following error:
cvs checkout -P jakarta-ant (in directory E:\builds)
cvs server: Updating jakarta-ant
cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
`/home/cvs/jakarta-ant': Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/home/cvs/jakarta-ant'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

- Any hints on how to get Ant?
- If I'm a committer to xml-xalan etc., do I also qualify as a committer to
Ant?  If not, can I still use regular CVS to at least update sources, even
if I can't commit them?

Thanks (sorry for the overloaded email...)

- Shane         Automation, Test, & Build guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com    AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan