ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kuiper, Arnout" <Arnout.Kui...@nl.origin-it.com>
Subject RE: Properties and subprojects
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2000 21:51:31 GMT
You got a valid point here, although I'm not sure if we must bother
the user by explicitly passing properties to sub-projects.

For myself I use some sort of namespacing to prevent property clashes;
I prepend every property inside a project, with the projects name.
So in a project with the name "foenix", I have properties called
"foenix.src", "foenix.dist", etc.
This way, the user can override the settings for each project,
including all subproject, from the commandline, and we don't have
naming conflicts between projects.

Personally I like the "namespacing" approach better.

My 2 cents,

  Arnout