ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: updateing moo and ant binaries
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:49:16 GMT
on 1/12/00 9:23 AM, rubys@us.ibm.com at rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I don't like these types of "special" cases.  Sounds more like a historical
> accident to me (the guys that wrote ant and moo either were the same or
> worked closely together).

Well, down the hall. But at the time, there was no idea that Ant was going
to be big. I hoped that people would like it, but I had no idea that people
were going to jump all over it. I'm happy about that :)

As far as moving moo with ant, no I don't think we should do that. I'm not
sure what the right answer is, but ant is more general purpose than moo.

James Davidson                                     duncan@eng.sun.com
Java + XML / Portable Code + Portable Data                 !try; do()