ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ludovic Claude ...@websitewatchers.com>
Subject Properties and subprojects
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2000 21:14:00 GMT

Still struggling with Ant & properties ... Now I came across a problem with ant
subprojects:
By default, when you launch a subproject, all the properties defined in the
parent project override
the subproject properties.
But if I define in the parent project a property called src.dir, and in the
subproject a property with
the same name, they may not have the same value, so you need to keep the
subproject value when
running it from the parent project.
I added a patch to Ant.java, so now you have a property called properties where
you can
explicitely give the list of properties to use from the parent project. By
default, you still have the
old behavior of using all properties from the parent project.

You can download the new Ant.java file from
http://www.ringsys.co.uk/opensource/Ant.java
And the diff is
http://www.ringsys.co.uk/opensource/Ant.java.diff

Ludovic Claude.