ant-dev mailing list archives

From Fergus Gallagher <Fergus.Gallag...@OrbisUK.com>
Subject Re: ANT: deltree not quite right on NT - case sensitivity problem
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:45:53 GMT
Agreed, but with NT one is never quite sure what the case is!! :-)

Fergus

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Fergus Gallagher wrote:
> >
> > When I try
> >
> >   <target name="clean">
> >     <deltree dir="c:/temp"/>
> >   </target>
> >
> > nothing ever gets deleted.
> >
> > It turns out that
> >         dir.getCanonicalPath() => C:/TEMP
> >         dir.getAbsolutePath()) => C:/temp
> >
> > Setting dir="c:/TEMP" overcomes this.
> >
> > Using equalsIgnoreCase could potentially cause even more problems, so
> > might I suggest a warning if the absolute path & canonical path don't
> > match.
>
> I'd suggest to always assume case sensitivity of paths in a tool that
> should work on all file systems. Otherwise, what's the point of using
> ant?
>
> --
>  Come to the first official Apache Software Foundation Conference!

Fergus Gallagher          Tel: +44 (20) 89 87 07 17
Orbis                     Fax: +44 (20) 87 42 26 49
The Swan Centre           email: Fergus.Gallagher@orbisuk.com
Fishers Lane              Web: http://www.orbisuk.com
London W4 1RX / UK