ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ludovic Claude ...@websitewatchers.com>
Subject Properties in Ant
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 00:41:56 GMT

I have some trouble with the way properties are used in Ant: I built a simple task
that increment
a number so I can keep track of those build numbers, but Ant pre-sets the
properties (and all the tasks) at initialisation, so if we don't set the
properties in the init target, they are never used.
It could be possible to delay the initialisation of the tasks until their
execution, that would allow
a greater flexibility in the way Ant can be used.
Do you think it's worth the hassle?

You can get the increment task at
http://www.ringsys.co.uk/opensource/Increment.java

Here is a small change that speeds up exec and javadoc:

diff -r1.5 Exec.java
161c161
<         private int SLEEP_TIME = 5;
---
>         private int SLEEP_TIME = 100;
195c195,196
<                         sleep(SLEEP_TIME);
---
>                         if (!din.ready())
>                            sleep(SLEEP_TIME);

Ludovic Claude.