ant-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SV: JavaDoc errors???
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:15:23 GMT
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:
> >
> > Pier, Janmyr,
> >
> > I am not getting that error on JDK 1.2.2 on WinNT 4.0 SP4.  Below is my
> > output.  What I am getting is a hang at the end - perhaps some thread
> > hasn't properly been shut down?  In any case, I would be glad to
> > investigate further your problem if either of you could help me reproduce
> > it.
>
> Weird... It just complains that nobody specified the packages on wich he
> needs to be run...

BTW, here is my output...

C:\CVS Archive\xml-xerces\java>java -version
java version "1.2.2"
Classic VM (build JDK-1.2.2-001, native threads, symcjit)

C:\CVS Archive\xml-xerces\java>java org.apache.tools.ant.Main javadocs
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java Version: 1.2
Project base dir set to: C:\CVS Archive\xml-xerces\java
Executing Target: prepare
Created dir: C:\CVS Archive\xml-xerces\java\build
Executing Target: prepare-src
Created dir: C:\CVS Archive\xml-xerces\java\build\src
Created dir: C:\CVS Archive\xml-xerces\java\build\classes
Copydir Ignored: Makefile.incl
Copydir Ignored: Makefile
> [... a bunch of those ...]
Copydir Ignored: Makefile
Copydir Ignored: classfiles_updated
Copying 305 files to C:\CVS Archive\xml-xerces\java\build\src
Executing Target: javadocs
Created dir: C:\CVS Archive\xml-xerces\java\build\javadocs
Generating Javadoc
Parsing source files for packages (will take a while)
Javadoc execution
javadoc: No packages or classes specified.
usage: javadoc [options] [packagenames] [sourcefiles] [classnames]
[@files]
-overview <file>          Read overview documentation from HTML file
> [... all the javadoc help ...]
-charset <charset>        Charset for cross-platform viewing of
generated documentation.
1 error
Completed in 11 seconds