ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: Ant & Javadoc, jdk specific?
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:26:23 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ed Ward wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm experiencing problems building the cocoon api documentation with ant.
> >
> > Ant's class  'org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javadoc2' uses
> > 'com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main' to produce the docs and it appears the tool is only
> > available in jdk1.2. Have I got this correct?
>
> This is why its called "javadoc2" and not "javadoc". Consider this a
> quick hack to come up with some javadoc to make the distribution. We are
> looking for a portable way of doing this but it's not that easy given
> the differences in the two javadocs.

Which is why javadoc should be open source ...........   but that is
another story :(

It wouldn't be that hard to add a <javadoc> to Ant... Maybe I will hack
it this weekend.  Does it do anything other than call
com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main?  If so it should run on JDK 1.1 just
fine.... unless it adds other command line parameters.

Kevin

--

Kevin A Burton
http://relativity.yi.org