ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject License for javac.jar and projectx-tr2.jar
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 02:56:04 GMT
I want to use Ant for Apache JetSpeed as well as some other Open Source
projects I work with...

However what is the license for javac.jar and projectx-tr2.jar?

- Why do we need to distribute a different version of javac.jar?  Won't
the one from the JDK (what about 1.1.8) work just fine?  Also what is
the license for this version of javac?  Can I get the source?

- Why are we using SUN's project XML parser instead of our own dog
food... namely Xerces?  (xml.apache.orx/xerces-j/index.html).  The
ProjectX XML parser isn't open source:

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/products/xml/license.txt

Ant would be totally perfect (from an Open Source perspective) if:

- we can use the Xerces parser
- we don't need javac.jar

Thanks.

Kevin