ant-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Sudell <asud...@Op.Net>
Subject Instantiating SunParser on NT -- NoClassDefFounderror
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:34:57 GMT
I'm 90% sure this is something stupid I'm doing, but I'll be darned
if I know what.

I can build tomcat fine on NT, building dist.  (i.e. I've got some
clue how to set up an environment on NT where ant can run)

I can't bootstrap ant on NT for the life of me.

However it (ant) bootstraps like a champ on Solaris.

If I try to use the ant.jar and projectx-tr2.jar in jakarta-tools to
build some other project (where I've written the build.xml as a experiment),
I can run ant on NT, but only if I do so with an argument (any argument,
even -quite).  I'm at a loss to see anything in the code that should
make the presence of an argument matter.

Working in jakarta-ant, i.e. using lib/xml.jar, I can build the bootstrap
ant in tmp fine, but fail running it against build.xml to build jar and clean.

In both cases (tools w/o an argument, and bootstrapping ant) the failure
is the same.  The failure form bootstrap.bat is

Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java Version: 1.2
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/xml/parser/Parser
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.class$(
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser$Catalog.<init>(
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.<clinit>(
        at Code)
        at Code)

If I'm reading that right, com.sun.xml.parser.Parser is not finding its own

If I take the ant distribution that I build on Solaris and use it on NT,
I get the same effect as the distribution in jakarta-tools, i.e. works find
with any arguments, but throws NoClassDefFoundError in Parser if there
are no arguments.  This behavior is not replicatable on Solaris (using the
same build.xml ant runs fine with no arguments).

To the best of my knowledge, I've carefully made sure that my classpath
was clean in all cases (i.e. didn't include xml.jar and projectx-tr2.jar,
never included the xml.jar from jaxp1_0-ea1, nor any other XML parsers).

Any ideas if this is something screwy I'm doing, or does the contributed
parser have difficulties on NT?  Outside of checking classpath for the
101st time, anything else worth checking?

Thanks in advance,

    Drew Sudell

View raw message