ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Patches from Kare Nuorteva
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:33:30 GMT

I am in the explicit import camp :-). With the code being the documentation
to a large extent for both Tomcat and Ant, I find it easier to navigate
through the code if you can find what package a class comes from by looking
at the imports. For me it is less of a collision issue.

My last day job required it (based on Doug Lea's coding standard, I guess)
and I am used to it. I get by with a an editor that can do searches :-(

Just thought I'd provide a counterpoint.

Cheers
Conor