annotator-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Servers, Validators, et al
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2017 20:09:43 GMT
Hi friends!

I've got a handful of Web Annotation Data Model [1] and Protocol related projects that I'd
like to bring over under Apache Annotator. The hope being that Apache Annotator can server
as a "one stop shop" for all you need for building spec-compliant annotation code.

Here are the projects I'd like to bring over:
https://github.com/BigBlueHat/web-annotation-protocol-tester - a command line validator thing
based around the spec's [1] MUSTs and SHOULDs
https://github.com/BigBlueHat/web-annotation-protocol-server - a Python-based Web Annotation
Protocol [2] server-I'd likely rewrite this in JS, but keep it equally as simple/dumb

My one question is how should we structure the project as a whole?

I think we can continue with our packaging-friendly setup and simply provide these as additional
packages-obviously if they're all JS-based of course:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/tree/master/packages

What's everyone think? Good idea? Or do we need/want more reops?

Thanks!
Benjamin

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-model/
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-protocol/