annotator-dev mailing list archives

From Gerben <ger...@treora.com>
Subject Re: initial scope & API (was: Precise-links browser extension)
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 15:56:13 GMT
On 2017-07-11 02:29, Gerben wrote:
> Sure, on the wiki could work. Just to get the ball rolling, I drafted a
> possible outline with some questions:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/wiki/Overview-(WIP)
>

> On 2017-07-09 02:22, Benjamin Young wrote:
>> Agreed. Let's begin working on some API design while Randall finishes sorting out
the build kit and importing his libraries.

>> We can do that on the wiki, if that works:
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/wiki
>>
>> Cool? :)

Any thoughts from your side on scope and API? (quite related, issue 7
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/issues/7>: "Make the
purpose of this tool clear(er)") Would be nice to hear from at least
both of you (Benjamin, Randall) what you are roughly thinking of making
here.

My (possibly wrong) impression is that everybody waits for others to
start doing something. Would it help to give ourselves some homework and
try schedule a first few milestones and progress calls? E.g. settle on
an initial scope & API outline in the next two weeks, then call to both
round that up and decide what we try implement in the two subsequent weeks?

Gerben

(also, perhaps better to switch to bottom-posting, if we grow a longer
thread)