annotator-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject [VOTE] Move issues & wiki to GitHub
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 21:16:21 GMT
Currently, our issues are on Jira

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANNO/<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANNO>

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANNO>and our wiki is on Confluence:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=67633804

Now that we're on GitHub (thanks to the ASF Infra team! [1]) for pull requests and forks,
I'd like to also propose that we start using GitHub for our Issues and Wiki.

This should increase activity here by lowering the bar to contribution--as folks will no longer
need to sign up for a Confluence and Jira account + ask for the permission to be changed *before*
editing the wiki or commenting on an issue.

Also, for those of us coming from the Annotator.js or W3C communities, we're already setup
with GitHub accounts, so this should streamline the bulk of our experiences.

Per ASF policy & process, this is "[VOTE]" thread. So...the other committers (Randall,
Dinesh, etc) have 72 hours to +1/0/-1 this decision. If everyone's +1, I'll file the ticket
with infra (or they can!) to get things moving. If not, then we'll keep discussing and decided
what we'd do instead and why, etc.

Cool? :)

If you're on the Initial Committers list may (afaik) vote as well--even if they're not yet
setup with accounts at the ASF, etc--because voting happens on this mailing list:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ANNO/Annotator+Proposal#AnnotatorProposal-InitialCommiters

k. Send in your votes!

Thanks,

Benjamin