annotator-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Re: Just a simple example?
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 13:40:07 GMT
Hey Richard!

Thanks for writing. There are exactly such things in the works. I've seen an in-progress demo
from Randall (when we were hanging out at I Annotate) that uses fragment selectors to highlight
(via the DOM Selection API).

Here's W3C Note that defines the fragment selector format:

http://w3c.github.io/web-annotation/selector-note/#frags

We also discussed a demo pretty similar to what you describe that has a Web Annotation Data
Model document shown in a textarea (perhaps) that is also used to highlight a thing on the
page.

At any rate, these exact things are in progress. :)

If you'd like to write-up a demo page and a Web Annotation Data Model annotation (or a few)
that highlight some stuff, that'd be a great help to demo on.

We also plan to make the fragment selector thing (at least) usable on the http://annotator.apache.org/
site for demoing there.

Thanks again for writing!

Benjamin