annotator-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Calling all Initial Committers!!
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 19:43:07 GMT
First, and most importantly, there's code coming this week!

Second, the original Apache Annotator Proposal was submitted with about 14 folks who'd:

a) been contributors to Annotator.js

b) were makers of Web Annotation related tools

c) committers to other Apache Software Foundation projects

Randall and I are the only two (afaik) who fall into all 3 of those...so we're already all
setup.

However, for the rest of the folks on this list, we need some actions to get you setup properly.

Here's the list of 14 fabulous folks:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AnnotatorProposal#Initial_Commiters

If you're name is on this list, I've BCC'd you (sorry for the double-mail if you're already
here!).

Here's what's needed:

1. sign the icla.pdf [1] and submit it [2]

2. follow the other steps in the "Guide for New Committers" for setting up you're Apache account:
https://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html

Yes, it's a bit of a process, but it gives Apache the foundation they need to support us not
only technically, but also legally.

If you're interested in joining the committers list, please speak up! We'd love to hear what
you'd like to contribute and have you begin helping in anyway that fits your MO. :)

Cheers!

Benjamin

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf

[2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/#submitting