annotator-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move issues & wiki to GitHub
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 21:22:07 GMT
Hi Benjamin,

I am possibly not up-to-date with the ASF policy, but I had the impression that it is usually
preferred to keep issues on the Apache Infrastructure, i.e. Jira. I assume that the GIT repo
is mirrored onto the Apache Infrastructure, but that this is not (yet?) possible with issues
/ wiki. So in order to keep all project-related information on the Apache Infrastructure,
I suppose that it would be useful to stick to Confluence / Jira and use GitHub only for merge
requests and friends.

As I said: I may be wrong. Just wanted to raise the flag in case I'm not wrong ;)

-- Richard

> On 17.05.2017, at 23:16, Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com> wrote:
>
> Currently, our issues are on Jira
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANNO/<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANNO>
>
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANNO>and our wiki is on Confluence:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=67633804
>

> Now that we're on GitHub (thanks to the ASF Infra team! [1]) for pull requests and forks,
I'd like to also propose that we start using GitHub for our Issues and Wiki.

> This should increase activity here by lowering the bar to contribution--as folks will
no longer need to sign up for a Confluence and Jira account + ask for the permission to be
changed *before* editing the wiki or commenting on an issue.

> Also, for those of us coming from the Annotator.js or W3C communities, we're already
setup with GitHub accounts, so this should streamline the bulk of our experiences.

> Per ASF policy & process, this is "[VOTE]" thread. So...the other committers (Randall,
Dinesh, etc) have 72 hours to +1/0/-1 this decision. If everyone's +1, I'll file the ticket
with infra (or they can!) to get things moving. If not, then we'll keep discussing and decided
what we'd do instead and why, etc.

> Cool? :)
>

> If you're on the Initial Committers list may (afaik) vote as well--even if they're not
yet setup with accounts at the ASF, etc--because voting happens on this mailing list: