annotator-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Silverton <e.silver...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Greetings from an annotation enthusiast in Istanbul
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 17:07:35 GMT
Hi Suzan,

I'm involved in a couple of annotation-related projects that may interest
you.

Regarding the DB vanishing: I'm working with the IPFS team (http://ipfs.io)
on a project to allow decentralised real time annotation between IIIF
viewers: https://github.com/ipfs/notes/issues/240

This should allow annotations to be easily persisted beyond any single
database boundary.

I've also developed a proposal for creating "trails" of content using the
Web Annotation Data Model: https://github.com/memex/trails-proposal

The idea here is to allow presentations/documentaries to be remixed and
repurposed.

Regards,

Ed