annotator-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Sauter <...@worldbrain.io>
Subject Re: Web Annotation Specs officially published @ W3C
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 15:54:02 GMT
Congrats congrats :) Your baby is now walking, thats the most important part!

***************************
Oliver Sauter
Founder WorldBrain - Verifying the Internet with Science

FON: +49 171 5323694
MAIL: oli@worldbrain.io <mailto:oli@worldbrain.io>
WEB: http://www.worldbrain.io <http://www.worldbrain.io/>
FB: RealWorldBrain  <http://facebook.com/RealWorldBrain>
TW: RealWorldBrain <http://twitter.com/RealWorldBrain>
GH: @WorldBrain <http://github.com/Worldbrain/Research-Engine>
> On 24 Feb 2017, at 16:42, Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>

> You ever watch for something...for years...and this miss the moment it happens? Like
your kids first steps? Well...that was me, yesterday, apparently. :-P

> Yesterday, the W3C announced the official publication of 3 recommendation (and 2 notes)
by the Web Annotation Working Group:

> https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/6156
>

> The official publication of these recommendations put Web Annotation into the roster
of "things the Web does" (or at least things companies can feel confident depending on/implementing/etc).

> It's my hope that we can build the surrounding code to make the use of these specifications
simpler, faster, easier, and more enjoyable.j

> There's also a blog post at the W3C's site that includes some quotes from a few of the
organizations working to implement these specs: