annotator-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Web Site Plans
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 14:05:14 GMT
Hi all,

I've finally got my local SVN (on Windows) + Jekyll + magic setup on my machine, and plan
to do the following for the Apache Annotator (incubating) web site.

For reference, the static HTML site code lives here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/annotator/site/

I'm planning to use Jekyll and a fork of the http://pouchdb.com/ (Apache License 2.0) web
site--which is offline friendly, basic, clear, awesome.

I'll be putting the Jekyll code (_includes, _layouts, _posts, etc) into a `src` directory
under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/annotator/

So it'll be a sibling of `site`.

I'll write up the build/setup process in a README.md to be added in that directory also. The
end result will be that site contributors will `svn checkout` the URL ending in `/annotator/`
and have all the goods.

It'll  make more sense when you see it...which is hopefully soon. :)

The process for updating the site will then be to edit the contents of the `src` directory,
run some `jekyll build` which will use a `_config.yml` that will make sure things come from
and go to the correct locations. Then, `svn commit` and both the src and the changes will
be in the right places.

If you have any objections, complaints, or other ideas, I'd be most happy to hear them. ^_^

Hope you're all well and secretly building the future of annotation and have just forgotten
to post here. ;)

Cheers!

Benjamin

--