ambari-user mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Herreros <gherre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues while installing Ambari version 2.6.0.0.0
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2017 11:20:04 GMT
That's supposed to be already fixed:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-20797, maybe it is still on
some other places
You can just remove the -SNAPHOT part from the storm dependency.

Anyway, It is much better if you use the official build from Hortonworks:
https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.6.0.0/bk_ambari-installation/content/ambari_repositories.html

The other issue you are going to face is that Ambari is not able to monitor
any Hadoop cluster, it's only able to manage a stack it recognizes (like
HDP 2.6) and has installed itself.
Which means you will have to migrate your existing configuration to Ambari,
deploy a new stack based on that and make sure your code runs on the new
stack.
Having a fixed stack means it's more stable but also that you cannot pick
and choose versions

Saludos,
Gonzalo