ambari-user mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Herreros <gherre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to execute custom action on client
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 14:16:03 GMT
1) By custom action I guess you mean a shell command, example:
from resource_management import Execute
Execute("mkdir /var/lib/mydir")

Typically you would put that in the "install" or "start" method of your
component script that extends:  from resource_management import Script

2) AFAIK there is no "uninstall" callback you can implement.
You could do some cleanup every time you stop the service (assuming it
doesn't take long to recreate on start) since to delete it you need to stop
it first.
Ambari doesn't have a tradition of cleaning up things on deletion

Regards,
Gonzalo