ambari-user mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Herreros <gherre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ambari python version change
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 13:49:28 GMT
The issue I see there is not the Python version Ambari runs in (which
should work) but the fact that Ambari runs and installs it's packages on
the system Python version.

I think upgrading RHEL 6 default Python to 2.7 is a big risk because core
system services where developed and tested on 2.6
As far as I now, there is not an official way of running Ambari on an non
system default python version.

Therefore, my advice if possible is that you upgrade RHEL to 7.
I wonder why do you care which version of Python is Ambari using.

Regards,
Gonzalo