ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ali Nazemian <alinazem...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari metrics monitor-collector over the WAN
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 08:53:56 GMT
Hi all,

I am investigating to have a huge cluster of Nifi instances distributed
across the world. I have been told that Metrics Monitor and Metrics
Collector are using a very chatty protocol, so Ambari Metrics Collector may
face some serious performance issues regarding receiving telemetry
information from lots of Metrics Monitor Agents. I have two concerns
regarding that as follows.

1- How does it scale for thousands of agents?

2- Can I use it over WAN probably by securing that in a two-way SSL way?

Regards,

Ali