ambari-user mailing list archives

From Swapan Shridhar <sshrid...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to change cluster-env from stack_adviser or service_adviser
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 23:29:31 GMT

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for clarifying the use case.

There are 2 options to set the cluster-env/enable_external_ranger:

  *   Blueprints (BP) : If you are installing the cluster via BP, you can update the enable_external_ranger
configs based on the requirement to True.
  *   UI : If you are installing via UI, enable_external_ranger flag in cluster-env.xml file
needs to be updated before starting UI installer wizard (a manual step), or updated via configs.py
which I have updated in my last email.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Regards,
Swapan.

From: Markovich
Date: Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 12:56 PM
To: Swapan Shridhar
Cc: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>"
Subject: Re: How to change cluster-env from stack_adviser or service_adviser

Hi Swapan!

Thank you for your answer.

I'd like to use ranger plugins for hdfs,hive and etc in my service.
That's why i need to set enable_external_ranger = true in cluster-env. Without this properity
I can't see ranger plugin configs and can't update them. (for example ranger-hdfs-audit.)
I need to ebable this in service_adviser, so I can recommend changes to this configs.

May be you can advise me another solution?

Regards,
Andrey

Hi Markovich,

There is no way of changing 'cluster-env' from stack-advisor (SA) or service_advisor.

cluster-env is passed as services['configurations']['cluster-env']['properties'] to SA, but
even if we update value in stack-advisor, it will never get propagated finally.

Can you explain on why you would like to have a config related to a customer service in cluster-env
and not in the service's site itself ?

Further cluster-env can be changed using (for reference) :

Eg: /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py -a set -l localhost -n c1 -c cluster-env
-k "recovery_retry_interval" -v "10"

Ref: /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py -a <ACTION> -l <HOSTNAME>
-n <CLUSTER_NAME> -c <CONFIG_TYPE> -k "<CONFIG_NAME>" -v "<CONFIG_VALUE>"

Thanks.

Regards,
Swapan.